If you’re a dog owner and lover like Claire, you know how impossible it is to find an affordable and tasteful dog bed! In today’s “HomeWorks” episode, Claire offers up an inexpensive DIY solution that you can still leave out when guest come over!
- Measure out and cut fabric to the desired size (tip: always good to cut 1-2″ larger for seam allowance.)
- Place zipper along the bottom hem of fabric and use pins to mark where the zipper begins and ends on the fabric. Then remove the zipper.
- Create a visible seam by leaving yourself a 1/2 inch allowance and sewing a straight stitch from the hem to the pin on both sides. In between the pins, you can do the widest stitch possible with your machine.
- Now place your zipper on the seam you just created (FACE DOWN) and pin
- Sew zipper on one side per the instructions on the zipper package (make sure you have The fabric with the right side facing inward)
- Pin the other three sides (wrong side of fabric face out) and sew each side closed
Using the open zipper turn the pillow right side out